When Idiots Sing

Ya know, if you are a performer, a paid singing professional and a citizen of this country- you probably ought to know the words to the national anthem.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Video-Christina-Aguilera-goofs-up-the-National-?urn=nfl-317568

I wouldn't know Christina Aguilera from my neighbor across the street. Watching that performance tonight restores my confidence that I have not missed anything. I am cutting her no slack here. As soon as I heard that ridiculousness, I shot a glance at my friend Keith across the room. Keith sang the anthem last Tues night at the Steelheads (hockey) game here in Boise. Not only was he better, he knew the words. His loot amounted to 4 free seats and I was damn glad to occupy one. Thanks again, Keith.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic