The Atheist's Song- The Sunday Collage

"Without God, all things become permissible."

-The Brothers Karamazov


Happy Easter to the three people who still read this thing once in awhile.

It is Easter eve. Easter is an important holiday in my family which always marked the arrival of spring. It also marked the one day you must absolutely attend church. Easter was for my mom. Always there was dinner afterwards.

Unfortunately, there are a significant amount of people that don't believe in God. I'm ok with that just as long as they don't ridicule or berate my beliefs. If folks cross that line, well things tend to get ugly and animated quickly. 

For many years I struggled with the concept of God. I read books, I talked to people, pastors, priests. I discovered that the Vatican had removed books from the Bible in the grand editing process that they employ.

And then, through a series of sobering events, I came to believe. It started in my 47th year. 

It began with forgiveness. How could a man, charged with some ridiculous crime, and while dying- ask God for forgiveness for the very people who were now inflicting injury on his body and killing him in the most painful way?

Who is capable of that? Nobody I know of.

And about the time that I was discovering Jesus was different than any man who ever walked this earth, I listened to a man who called this his true test of atheism.

Imagine being alone in the universe. The only molecule among trillions that managed to crawl out of the primordial swamp and become human. And when you die, nothing. Nihilism. Life was a waste of time. Imagine standing naked in front of a full-length mirror and stating, "Behold the greatest power in the universe." 

That is the atheist's song. It is a lonely and hopeless song. This is all there is. 

Today I am grateful and thankful. One day we will pass through this life and on to the next. That is the meaning of Easter.





Comments

Hey bro, I love you.. lets beat this place alright? Lets just do it..

Jesus said in John 11:25-26
"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" - (KJV Holy Bible)

The word 'resurrection' is the Greek word G386 ἀνάστασις anastasis and means: a standing up again, (figuratively) a (moral) recovery (of spiritual truth).

WOW!!! 'A standing UP again'! That is the meaning of resurrection! This is so profound when we understand how it perfectly aligns with 1 Corinthians 2.

We learn in 1 Corinthians 2:5
"That your faith should not stand G5600 in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." - (KJV Holy Bible)
The word 'stand' is the Greek word G5600 ὦ ō which is the subjunctive of G1510 εἰμί eimi which means: I exist, I am.
Remember, in John 11 Jesus said "I am the resurrection (standing UP again)..." and in 1 Corinthians 2 we learn "That your faith should not stand G5600 (I exist, I am G1510) in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God." - (KJV Holy Bible)
Amazing!!!

The scriptures are perfectly clear that Jesus Christ (I AM) stands us UP again!

These scriptures prove out how you can know that your faith stands and exists in I AM, in the power of God!

In this fallen world where everyone has been cast DOWN into sinful host bodies, when you get turned UP again you have gained a (moral) recovery (of spiritual truth) and have been resurrected in Christ!
Anonymous said…
HAPPY BELATED EASTER BRIAN.

GOD SPEED.

A86

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic