I Don't Know How They Keep Doing It

January 1. Bah humbug.

I rang in the New Year by going to bed. I do this guilt free each year. Of all the worthless holidays, I rank New Year's just above Columbus Day and right below Halloween only because I like kids.

I celebrated New Year's Eve just like I do every other night- by going to bed. My neighbors fired off mortars as though there was some cause for celebration that required loud explosions at midnight. Unfortunately, alcohol has never fueled an over abundance of great ideas- here or anywhere else.

Loud explosions tend to wake me up and as such, I found myself surfing the web. The news it seems never changes. The liberals want tax hikes, the conservatives want spending cuts, Obama runs his mouth- Congress does virtually nothing. http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/31/details-emerge-in-fiscal-cliff-agreement/?hpt=hp_bn3

Congress, in this case the Senate, loves to run around pretending like they have actually accomplished something. It is as though you have a 9 year old son who expects great accolades for getting dressed every morning. We pay these people a tremendous amount of money to do something- I just don't know what the fuck that is anymore. 

We are entering YEAR 6 of the economic meltdown. 

The problem of course- is that we are mired in a tar pit of debt that we cannot escape. It can only get worse and so it does. With an apathetic, self centered, and cowardly electorate, this cannot possibly change. I shudder to think that we now have another 4 years of the leaderless group exercise to endure. At the conclusion of 2016, we will have had 10 YEARS- or one full decade of this.

It begs the question. How long can we keep writing about this? Are the big guns like Yves over at naked capitalism or the anonymous writers at ZeroHedge going to regurgitate the same old rhetoric- year after year after year? At what point do we all just say, "fuck it?"

Maybe we are mired in as well.

Personally, I don't know how the blog authors keep doing it but I will say this. My education is somewhat complete thanks to them. Many of the things I have learned and confirmed happened at places like "ZeroHedge", "naked capitalism", or the "Golden Truth."  

How long can you keep writing about a landscape that never changes? How long can banks continue to manipulate equity and commodity markets with a never ending supply of fuel from the Fed? 
I don't know. It's as though they have found some toxic fountain of youth.

The bastards are grinding me down.

I like to write and as 2013 begins, I may change my writing focus and delivery. I gotta switch gears soon. Imagine watching the movie, "Groundhog Day" over and over again, every day. You'll understand where I'm at.

"I got you, babe." 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic