The Power of the Rule of Law

Remember when the rule of law meant something? Law and our willingness to enforce it is what separates our country from banana republics, third world countries, and neanderthals. 

The rule of law, that criminals be prosecuted and the innocent protected, was abandoned in 2008 by two chambers of corrupt Congressmen and two Presidents. 

Many of you will be voting for those very same people.

Unlike Europe and the United States- Iceland prosecuted it's crooked politicians and bankers- and bailed out it's citizens instead. How'd that turn out? 

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Don't knock Neanderthals, my friend. One of the best girlfriends I ever had was a unibrow, knuckle-dragging Neanderthal who, though uglier than sin, could cook like you wouldn't believe and who knew how to take care of her man. I had to ditch her, however, when it became apparent that she had more hair on her ass than I do on my chest. Still, though, there are times when I wish I had her back. What a woman!

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic