Target Joseph

Years ago when I was but a lad, we used to travel to Idaho to fish for steelhead. Big fish.

That's when I first heard about the Nez Perce, Chief Joseph, and the Wallowa Valley. Then several years ago,  I had a friend who had lived in Joseph. He said the place was just gorgeous. He loved it. Since he has traveled everywhere and was not prone to exaggeration- his evaluation carried great weight with me.

Then there was the book, The Shack. It too was set in the Wallowa Valley. That cinched it for me.

Joseph, Oregon is one of those places that you have to want to visit specifically- because it is not on the road to anywhere. Joseph here I come.

So the backrest is coming off the Road King and the touring kit is getting snapped on. I have filled the tires with nitrogen- which I highly recommend. Nitrogen does not escape the rubber membrane of your tires. It is pretty cheap. Your gas mileage savings will pay for it in a week or two.

I can't wait. Here's a big ass picture. I hope it fits.

Joseph, OR : Beautiful Joseph, Oregon

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wishI were going with you, mate. Have a great trip!

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic