A "Courageous" Message From Franky

It's tough being retired. I don't have a lot of people to boss around anymore. I have to hire people to boss around.

I took a man hostage this week. His name is Bob. Bob the painter. Since buying my house early last year, I have painted everything but the sidewalk. Bob does the work. Yesterday, sometime after the hideous mint green experiment, I finally found the right color on the third try. Bob has spent the last two days getting rid of harvest gold, and now, mint green. I had to vacate the premises this afternoon. Bob needed some alone time.

A few blocks from my house is a 2nd run movie theater. On Tuesdays, they charge one measly dollar. I had a friend of mine tell me that he "needed" me to see the movie "Courageous." I saw it this afternoon.

People generally don't say things to me like you "need" to see a movie. That seemed very odd to me. I knew it was about cops. So I figured that's what my friend was referring to. I was wrong. That's not what this movie is about. My friend knew this because he knows me well.

The movie got mixed reviews from critics. The movie scored A+ from movie goers who saw it. I give it A+ for the message. Trust the movie goers.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CinemaScore

This movie stopped me dead in my tracks. I simply wasn't expecting something like this- although I am very familiar with the topography. If you are an absent father, or are the product of an absent father, this movie may make you a little uncomfortable. If you are an atheist, this movie will make you uncomfortable. In the end, this is a feel good movie with a very strong message. The acting isn't fantastic but it makes the point. It's funny and it's a little dramatic. But it's good. They ought to run this movie in every high school. But they won't. Heaven forbid- they mention the word "God."

When this movie was over- nobody left the theater. Really. They watched the credits.

If you get a chance to see this movie, do it. It was the best dollar I spent today. It will make you think.

Comments

Lana said…
Our theater said they would show the movie on Thurs & Fri. The attendance was so great they kept the movie for an additional two weeks. I think most people in NW KS saw it and agreed the message was great. If you get the chance, see Firestorm.
Brian said…
Thanks Lana, I will.

Brian
Linda said…
I'm Lana's twin sister, and she is right. It was a good movie. I think the same people produced 'Facing The Giants'.

There is another one, but I don't know the name.

I think people really want to see good movies with a message, and now swear words or sex scenes.
Linda said…
'No' swear words....
Brian said…
Swear words? Oops...

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic