15 Years of Frankenstein Government- The Sunday Collage

In 2009, I was 48 years old. Divorced, single, sober. My life was calm and serene. 

I wanted to write. Not because I think I am some superior, knowledgeable writer but because we were witnessing some of the worst government behavior that had ever taken place. When the government stole one trillion dollars' worth of taxpayer money- and bailed out banks with all of the fraud banks and bankers had committed- the curtain came down. I saw our government commit this crime, it was no longer hidden. Things were going to get far worse.

People generally don't care about politics unless they are old, retired, and have the time to watch what the hell is going on. I will be the first to admit this was true for me. When I was younger, say twenties and thirties, I was too busy taking care of my patchwork family- earning a living, paying for things, fixing wrecked knees and straightening teeth, and bearing all the costs associated with life in America. We grow up distracted. 

With 60 hour work weeks, who had time for politics? I didn't. 

That all changed for me in 2007. I started paying attention. Lots of attention.

One of the things that happens when you write publicly is that you begin to receive comments. Most are good, some are critical. Many of them cause you to think.

What were the framers of the Constitution trying to accomplish? What are the federalist papers and why are they important? Who created and owns the FED? Where does money come from? How come absolutely nobody discusses the national debt?

I know the answer to those questions. I learned them right here. Comments by people more knowledgeable than I- forced me to check my wrong assumptions and opinions. I learned a great deal by publicly writing. In a way, you could say I earned my education here. The one I didn't get in college or political science 201.

I also witnessed the great flip flop of party platforms. I witnessed the democrats becoming the aristocracy of America and beating us with big government while the republicans became the party of middle class America. 

Donald Trump had a lot to do with that. So did Barack Obama.

I've enjoyed writing here. I've met some very fine people and some overly critical jerks. But I learn something from every one of them and if I hadn't written here publicly, I would have missed out on a great deal about things I was completely clueless about.

We've got about 7 weeks to the greatest election in my lifetime. We have two of the most bizarre candidates running for President. One is a no bullshit sort of guy who tends to piss people off with his critical comments and name calling- while mostly black prosecutors charge him with various made up crimes hoping to discredit him. The other candidate is a complete fraud and failure who is actually quite evil. She pretends to be centrist but she's not. She is the worst kind of person- completely fake with a very dark agenda. I think she is trying to be Obama 3.0, only far worse.

In fact, for the first time since the 90's, I'm actually going to vote. God help me if I end up on a jury list somewhere. 

What I learned here, is that you don't learn anything without risk. If you want to post superficial nonsense, that is what you will get in return.  Superficial and useless replies. But if you want to actually learn something, take a stand, form an opinion, and put it out there. It's like fishing. You never know what you might catch. 











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Showtime Bitches!!- The Sunday Collage

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

First, We Abandoned Virtue- The Sunday Collage