A Pissing Match

Everyday I am on the computer for at least 4 hours. I read through about 20 links and I read a lot of comments. Once in awhile I stumble onto a real gem. Heres today's grand prize winner.  http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2012/10/25/ceos-self-serving-deficit-manifesto/?pending=1#comment-44182

I stared and drooled at that chart. It makes no sense. Then I thought, "Where did it come from?" I clicked back and read the source in the lower right hand corner. Everything started to crystalize. Note that the chart and the declining debt to GDP ratio stops in 2010. How would 2011 have looked? Well this article thinks it would have looked like this. Unfortunately, this is based on facts. http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-01-27/markets/30669494_1_gdp-report-private-inventory-investment-real-gdp

Where on that chart would they squeeze in 1.7% GDP or this year's 1.6% GDP?

From the governments lips to your eyes...Real gross domestic product -- the output of goods and services produced by labor and property

located in the United States -- increased at an annual rate of 1.3 percent in the second quarter of 2012
(that is, from the first quarter to the second quarter), according to the "third" estimate released by the
Bureau of Economic Analysis.  In the first quarter, real GDP increased 2.0 percent.
Now there might be some folks that think that I've completely left the rails. I swear a lot and I like to poke fun at all of these people and their collective egos. Some folks get downright angry at my opinions. They feel threatened when I threaten their "truth" of how the world turns.

Felix Salmon works for Reuters. This dude actually gets paid to write garbage like this. He has "editors" with "agendas." So Felix is confined to some degree. But I am not.

Sometimes this conflict of opinions denigrates into a pissing match. This happens when someone senses some bullshit (aka opinion) and challenges it. The bottom can fall out quickly. You know you are in a pissing match when the contestants quit talking about the subject matter and instead they are reduced to comparing credentials, calling each other names, and taking any cheap shot available to them. This insanity is called a pissing match.

Like most of you, I like watching a good pissing match. I don't like being involved in them so much. However, after having read a couple of gawd awful pieces by Felix Salmon, I could not contain myself any longer. Sometimes you just have to challenge stupid. I felt like that today.

Let the pissing match begin.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic