FG Makes Startling Discovery, Finds Lost Dutchman of Stupid

Sometimes, my ego gets the best of me. Forgive me Father Des.

It was an honest mistake at first. I clicked on a Huffington Post feed thru my blog only because I wanted to see what people found so fascinating about Katie Couric (with accompanying photos) and her lack of makeup that would cause over 300 people to comment.

That's when I stumbled onto the Lost Dutchman of stupid. This is what fascinates America. Earlier this week I was reading a poll about how other countries detest Americans. Thankfully, I am not required to choose a side. I have to tell you, I am a shade embarrassed at my countrymen. These are the great minds of tomorrow.

People were taking the time to comment as though Katie Couric's makeup is important. Most were just saying the usual, nasty shit about Katie that they might say about anyone else. A few were making comments similar to mine, minus the profound sense of respect and tact that I usually display. The link is below. I am fascinated by Huffpo. It's like a petri dish for stupid. Everything you need to know about a superficial USA is on display here. No wonder politicians hold citizens in contempt and treat them like sheep. Proof here. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/12/katie-couric-makeup-free_n_2462983.html?ir=Media

I couldn't contain myself. I took the bait and left a comment of my own. (see below) There will be at least 10 nasty responses in my inbox tomorrow. It is cheap entertainment.  I can't believe I have 3 fans.

Forgive me Des, I'm still working on tolerance.


1 second ago (11:50 PM)
This comment is pending approval and won't be displayed until it is approved.

I am in awe that so many of you folks landed on this piece of media cheese. I clicked on a "makeup story" only because of the asinine subject and I wanted to see what type of person was attracted to a story like this. I then read some of the 300+ disparaging remarks you have written. I now understand what is wrong with our country. You probably all vote, too.

Bring on the space rock.

Comments

Brian said…
In America, we are enamored with superficial shit and gadgets. People like Katie Couric and her makeup or Kim Kardashians boobs. The things that matter, like how we treat others or select leaders- are total mysteries to Americans. We are slaves to ego, forever wanting things we don't have- and pretending to be who we aren't.

Thanks for stopping by.
Anonymous said…
Sorry, Brian, but I couldn't be bothered reading that crap because it looked...like crap. So some broad goes without makeup. Big deal. If she went without clothes, then I might be a tad interested. Yawn.

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic