Cyber Bullying Laws, Statism On Steroids

Arm the victims.

If any of you have ever wondered how a person becomes a Libertarian, please read this latest insanity out of Arizona. http://gma.yahoo.com/annoying-offending-language-online-crime-under-arizona-bill-171544046--abc-news-topstories.html

Briefly, in the 60's and 70's when I grew up, we had bullies. Bullies have been with me all of my life. In fact, I expect bullies to be with us forever- despite these ridiculous laws.

So clearly, laws cannot remedy every societal ill. You cannot lock up everybody for being an idiot. Idiots do not know they are idiots and even if they did know- they are too stupid to seek the solution. That's why they are idiots.

Being an idiot is not a crime. Even though Arizona thinks that it is.

The solution is not in investigating untold millions of would be bullies and censoring free speech. Society does not need to pay the price for what I am hoping is still a minority stake of idiots. The solution is in the spiritual education of our children. We arm the victims.

We have a cyber bullying problem not because bullies are some new invention but because the people they attack have no defense. We need parents with wisdom- to provide a workable defense. There was a time in my life when my only defense was a counter attack. Today, I devote an entire blog to the premise of emotionally arming and preparing yourself for a hostile world. It works. I can't control the exterior world. However, I have a spiritual defense system that allows people to act and behave just as insanely as they wish without drawing so much as one flaming arrow from me.

Unfortunately, we have lost our tribal knowledge. We no longer possess the skills needed to deal with this insanity nor do our adults have the appropriate wisdom to pass along. We lack the courage to stand up and ask if passing  laws is the best thing to do. Passing a law every time something goes awry- even things which go frequently awry- is not always the best solution. In fact, it rarely is.

Arm the victims. That's how I became a Libertarian.




 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic