Governor Calls Us a Nation of "Wussies"

NFL cancels Vikings v Eagles game due to snow, this is the response.


Governor Ed Rendell joined countless fans upset about the game's move to Tuesday when he told FOX News
"It's an absolute joke. I was looking forward to this. It would have been a real experience. This is what football is all about. We're becoming a nation of wussies."
Now there are only a few things in life worse than having a politician call you a wussy. Perhaps an 11 year old daughter calling her mother immature. Or a guy living at the mission telling you to get your shit together.

Whenever someone makes some blanket statement that raises my hackles, I check to see if they have a law degree. It's just a weird thing with me. Twenty five years worth of listening to their bullshit- bullshit spewed from what they think is the intellectual high ground. So of course, not only is Rendell a lawyer, he is married to a Federal Judge. A double whammy. It reminds me of a story.

The state patrolman was called to the scene of a bus crash. Upon arrival, he discovered a man by the side of the road, head in his hands and sobbing uncontrollably. The trooper asked what had happened. The man said he was following the bus down the narrow and winding highway when it veered off the road, through a guardrail, and rolled down a steep embankment. The bus came to rest 1000 feet below. The man said he had rushed down the steep slope to assist any injured people. Upon entering the bus, he found that every one was dead. Scattered among the debris were legal pads, written briefs, and several of the bodies still had name tags attached to their clothing. The tags indicated that they were lawyers attending a convention in a nearby city.

Upon hearing this, the state trooper breathed a sigh of a relief and looked quizzically at the man. The trooper said, "Well it was only a busload of lawyers, it could have been worse- why are you crying like a baby?" The man replied, "Because there were 3 empty seats."

Getting called a wussy by a politician and a lawyer. Geezus, ain't that rich? I think I am going to go down to the Vista Bar and have a drink. Who knows? Maybe some drunk will tell me I got a drinking problem.

Comments

Unknown said…
The average American family wont be affected by the game time change. They can no longer afford the $500.00 it costs to take them to a game, park, and have a small meal.
rawmuse said…
I just got back from buying a hundred bucks worth of incandescent bulbs, since they will be illegal to sell in CA as of Saturday. I hate the CFLs. The light from them sucks, and they are full of toxicity. You can't throw them in the landfill. I use a few in the basement, but for the rest of the living areas, forget about it. And before you get smug on me, your state will have the same law, just one year later. Big Nanny Government gone amuck.
Brian said…
Too funny. All that dough so you can freeze. I quit going to live games. Parking, cold weather, crowds, just a hassle anymore. My Saints looking to exact revenge on ATL tonite. I will be in a nice warm bar watching the game tonite.

RM! Shit I don't beat up on ya..I love California. If the Moonbats hadn't gone and fucked it all up, I'd be there buying bulbs w ya, I have an aunt in Chico. Family in Redding. It's nanny government, they just can't control themselves and hopefully- some people and states start getting pissed real soon.
rawmuse said…
I figured out a use for the burned out CFLs. How about I chuck them at the State House. I'd rather do it from the safety of a large, angry mob, tho' Who's with me? :-D

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic