If Obeying the Law Places You in Peril, You Must Break the Law- The Sunday Collage

For those of you who might have wandered in here and think you have stumbled upon the rantings of a man- one dosage short of properly medicated- know this. I am sober, free of psychotropic medications, I have no rap sheet and I believe in law. Good law. Not the shit this country currently debates.


I am going to switch gears rapidly in this piece so try to keep up Troy.

One of the problems of living in a government loving, statist, paradise is that the government worshippers never give it a rest. Statists, people who love government, do so because they want to force their brand of control and compliance upon everyone else. So they saddle up with government. Right now in America, the government worshippers are in control.

Thirty years ago, Ronald Reagan stated "government isn't the solution- government is the problem."
Indeed. That was before the whiners and the free shit army over ran the rest of us.

The "life isn't fair" crowd are now firmly in control. They want free abortions, free health care, free money, free food and they want laws to make someone else pay for that. They are whiners. They pass helmet laws, flotation device laws, use stickers, trail fees, and they desperately want to take our guns away. They are so adamant about gun control that they would burn the Bill of Rights if they could. They must hate the fact that although they find themselves the majority-they still can't get our guns. All those God given rights, all that ridiculous legal precedent blocking them from imposing more laws on the rest of us. It must drive them bat shit crazy. Good.

Can you imagine Christopher Columbus landing in America, finding the Indians, and demanding free food and free health care? How about Davy Crockett dialing 911 at the Alamo and saying, 'Can you guys step on it, we've got a bunch of angry Mexicans bearing down on us and they may try to do us harm."

We were never great because we were dependent. We became great because we weren't.

Ok, ok, let me get back on point.

A few years ago, I was on my motorcycle in my hometown and stopped at a red light. I glanced into my rear view mirror and I saw a landscaping rig bearing down on me with no chance of stopping in time. I ran through that red light and found an opening. The idiot in the landscaping truck put a nice set of skidmarks right through the crosswalk and into the intersection. I didn't think twice about who was at fault. In fact, I was the Chief of Police in that town and I didn't even bother going back to hassle the driver.

I want to tell you this. Tonight, if someone breaks into my home, chances are good they will be shot and killed. Maybe they will come to their senses and survive. Then I will call the police.

By the way, that's exactly what I would have done in Roseburg, Oregon. I would have pulled my gun and hunted that guy down or at the very least kept him from killing me. I wouldn't have cared two shits about gun registration laws, gun free zone signs, or any other statist law which conflicts with common sense and my second amendment right which "shall not be infringed" according to the supreme law of this land. Where I go, guns can be found.

Ok, here's the big wrap.

We were once a great country because we embraced independence. We fought our own wars and we spilled our own blood. We didn't go looking for fights beyond our borders. We realized that if we wanted to live and thrive- that was our responsibility. We didn't blame others for our poor decisions.

We never expected anyone to provide us with happiness. We knew that came from within ourselves, not outside ourselves. We believe in a Creator, because believe it or not, that's where our courage comes from. We don't fear the loss of this life because we believe there is a better life waiting for us. And all bullshit aside- that's a hell of a lot better deal emotionally than some atheist who thinks this is all there is and when confronted by some maniac at Umpqua CC finds himself unprepared and begging for his life.

Maybe that's how some people want to live, but that's not the way I want to live. And I'll be damned if some loser is gonna stare me down, ask what religion I am, and shoot me.

I've tried to live my life according to the law and I have encouraged others to live that way. But the way things are going, I don't see this getting any better. It's going to get worse, much worse. I hope the people that survive to create a new United States when that day comes will remember what this country did right- and where it went wrong. In the meantime just accept that if you are anything like me, you are now in the minority. This does not make you wrong it just means that the free shit army has wrestled majority control of the U.S.-which in the history of the world- is always the beginning of the end. Take care of your responsibilities, try to obey the laws that you can until such point that compliance becomes impossible. They'll try to strip you of more of your rights and more of your money and it's coming fast. You'll know when that day arrives because free men, civil rights, and common sense are not required to part company- no matter how many bad laws they pass.

Comments

Dotacion said…
Good post. Nah, Fuck that, great post.

The concentration of powers was one of our founders concerns and of course some tribe went behind our backs all the while smiling 'trust us' and of course they understand how to use leverage better then we do and guess what? Infiltration succeeds when we lose sight o the ball.

How far will these intruders go?

Let your imagination be guided by conscience (because at least we Fucking have one).
Anonymous said…
I never have and never will register my guns. Also bartering and paying cash for my ammo keeps me off the radar. I have absolutely no faith or trust in government. The bigger it gets the worse it gets.
Anonymous said…
We are a dying breed, those of us that are self reliant.
Every society has it's cycle of change. Right now we are
living in dystopian society that will not end well for
anyone. Those of us that still have self reliance and
common sense will have a better chance then most.
I have considered leaving the U.S. you know, get off
the reservation so to speak. I really think that at
this point there will be nowhere to escape to. So
I'll hunker down expect the worst and hope for the best.
A well written piece that hits the mark.
Brian said…
Thank you. I've been looking at countries near the Equator also. I think I like Belie the best mostly because they use the dollar and speak English. I read a lot of derogatory stuff about Belize City but I would probably wander south. I am planning a trip there this winter.

Thanks for stopping by.

Brian
Unknown said…
i had t re read it to keep up .. smart ass .. lol there can be only one
Anonymous said…
If a law is unjust...(Quotation)

Quotation: "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."

Variations: None known.

Sources checked:

Papers of Thomas Jefferson: Digital Edition
Thomas Jefferson retirement papers
Thomas Jefferson: Papers and Biographies collections in Hathi Trust Digital Library

Other attributions: None known.

Earliest appearance in print: undetermined

Comments: This quotation has not been found in Thomas Jefferson's papers. It has been suggested that it is a paraphrase of Jefferson's statement in the Declaration of Independence, "...whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government...," although such a paraphrase would seem to be taking some radical liberties with the original version. The quotation bears a much closer resemblance to Martin Luther King, Jr.'s comment in his famous letter from Birmingham Jail: "One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."1

Jeff: I'm in the abolish the current form of fascist, totalitarian rule. It's time to completely clean out the barn in DC. Starting with 5-IRON.

King: Both Jeff & King were studs. I started checking Dr King out; in videos of his speeches, a lot of whites in the churches. The man had vision, power to influence, unite, and lead people against the elitists. A major anti-war advocate. Wonder why he's pushing up daisies?

Great BLOG post Brian. High-five!

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic