The Cat and the Crackhead

When I had the appraisal done on my house- the appraiser called it a neighborhood of average homes.

Average is very forgiving.

I have a bunch of lunatics and crackheads living all around me and so it is, I feel right at home. I am not kidding you when I say I had a SWAT team and a sniper in my front yard two months ago. Every cop in Boise was here and used my property to set a perimeter. That's my neighborhood. I knew what I was getting into.

So this morning after writing the Sunday Collage, I had a friend over. He had gone into the kitchen to get some coffee and was looking out the window and started laughing hysterically. He said "Dude, you gotta come see this, hurry!"

I got up and looked out the window. There across the street was one of the neighborhood retards, full grown I might add, with something on a leash. As my eyes focused, I saw that it was a cat. He had decided that this morning might be a good morning to teach his full grown cat how to walk on a leash.

So there he was, dragging the cat across the dirt and gravel, all the way down the block. The cat absolutely refused to walk and at one point...it lunged at him. That was when my friend started laughing hysterically. By the time I got there, I watched as this war of wills unfolded. The brainiac dragged the cat a full 1/2 block before a row of cars blocked my view.

I do not believe that this guy was an M.I.T. grad or anything- just in case you were wondering. You cannot make this stuff up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic