Ok, FG, I Didn't Buy Any Precious Metals...What Should I Do Now?

Gold is currently cracking the 1460 level and silver is trading around 39.60. Just a few short weeks ago, you could have entered these markets and made a bunch of dough. About 40% in just two months in the silver market. So let's get this out of the way.

If you failed to buy these two metals, at those prices, you are a dumb shit. You should have been reading my blog and paying attention. That's ok. It's a free country and gawd knows you are entitled to be a coward. A wussy. Ha!...all in good fun...

If you missed that rise- what do you do now? 

If I had missed this big run up, and thank gawd I didn't, I'd average in here. I still believe silver is worth 100 bucks an ounce and gold is worth 2000 bucks an ounce- perhaps as soon as the end of this year. That ain't a bad rate of return folks. Even if you are a bit late to the party.

Now you might be thinking, FG just wants us all to buy in so that he can get out. The six hundred million or so English speaking/reading nitwits who might stumble onto this blog...are no match for the 3 or 4 billion Chinese, Pac Rim, and Indian people who actually buy physical precious metals. So I am actually counting on short supply, more worthless currency issuance by world central banks, and a bunch of people who don't read this blog to get us where we want to be. Or a failed bond auction or two come July.

If you think a stock market collapse is a possibility, as I do, precious metals will tumble as well. That might be a good entry point. I will be a buyer when that happens. Fundamentally speaking, I have never seen a better investment in my life- given the current and unprecedented fundamentals of a bankrupt world that will eventually seek out precious metals as a safe haven and wealth storage. That underlying fundamental hasn't changed one bit. http://www.zerohedge.com/article/another-day-another-record-high-gold?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zerohedge%2Ffeed+%28zero+hedge+-+on+a+long+enough+timeline%2C+the+survival+rate+for+everyone+drops+to+zero%29

Comments

rawmuse said…
I would agree that the time to buy any commodity is NOT when it has experienced an exponential run up in price. I did most of my buying when Reagan was President, and I never sold. Tough call right now. If I was loaded, sure I might buy some, but presently the net worth of my automobile doubles whenever I fill up, so...
davecydell said…
"Fundamentally speaking" I'm looking at the day when I buy a basket full of groceries for one thin dime, one thin Roosevelt dime.
Brian said…
I love you guys.

Silver and gold both going parabolic this a.m. I am sorry I didn't buy more...
Anonymous said…
Why is it every time I read your blog I imagine Burl Ives singing "Silver and Gold"? Of course, it's that snowman from those old Christmas specials...I feel old!

BTW, I recently read a prediction of silver at $300 by the end of 2011.

DUH-Winning!

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic