Tired of the Government Routinely Violating Your Constitutional Rights? Please Sign This Petition*Updated

For the record, nothing worth accomplishing ever occurred because someone was nice or expressed apathy. Tragically, this country is overcome with that mentality.

So when the story broke that the (government) has been randomly and arbitrarily and in secret- seizing millions of personal and private phone records with the complicity of Verizon...I nearly had an aneurysm. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/06/nsa-verizon-phone-records-white-house_n_3395423.html?ir=Politics

Any lawyer or cop- knows how difficult it is to obtain a search warrant and then defend it. In Idaho, a wiretap warrant is nearly impossible to get. You have to show that you have no other methods of acquiring information or evidence before a judge will issue a wiretap order.

It is the ultimate intrusion into your privacy.

For days, I have been reading the comments written by the leftists, statists, and the sheep of this country who think that perhaps the government is justified in seizing millions of records. They take pity on the poor old government saying that it will have it's work cut out for it sorting through all of the things that they have seized. Some say that Bush started all of this- as though somehow Obama's administration is compelled to continue to keep violating our fourth amendment rights.

I could care less who or what is to blame for allowing this. I want the routine violation of my rights to stop. I am a Verizon customer, I have standing, and I did not authorize the release of my information to anyone.

This is a video of Obama on "wireless wiretapping" It is only a minute long but it quite clearly demonstrates what kind of a man occupies the White House.




Please sign this petition and forward it to everyone you know. The constitution is not a suggestion. It's time that the government starts respecting citizen rights. https://www.change.org/petitions/the-united-states-government-the-national-security-agency-stop-the-routine-seizure-of-phone-records-without-cause-or-due-process

Comments

Irish said…
Posted it for ya :)
Anonymous said…
Done thanks!
Anonymous said…
Brian, if you hear the final tally of how many Americans singened this petition, please let us know.
Brian said…
Thanks anonymous. I too, am completely dismayed at the lack of support the petition has received.

I have been toying with the idea of contacting Verizon's legal department and demanding that they inform me anytime someone has seized my records. As a customer I have standing. When executing warrants, I always had to leave an inventory of items I had seized- apparently the Feds have found a way to violate all of that.
Anonymous said…
Hey it probably will get traction at huffpo folks are really pissed after his lame news conference. and btw it didnt get deleted... yet.

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic