An Agnostic Is Just Another Word For A Chicken Shit Atheist

The beauty of having your own blog is that you can write anything you want. Originally, I entitled this piece, "The Least Improved Human Being."

Who wants to win that award?

We are all on some sort of journey. Intuitively, I believe that our lives have some sense of purpose. I do not believe like many of my moonbat friends, that we crawled out of swamps in some random cosmic event. Sometimes when the moonbats call me a kook for my beliefs...I counter with this. Do this and you will shut them down.

Suggest the following when under attack by the agnostics and atheists in your life. Tell them to strip all of their clothes off, stand in front of a full length mirror and say out loud, "This is the greatest power in the universe." And then laugh like a hyena at the ridiculousness of that statement.

So years ago, I am doing the cop thing. I had a fellow cop who really didn't like me much. That was a total mystery to me back then but not such a mystery to me now. We were both assholes. That's something that comes with working a job where inherently- you realize that the people you are serving- really don't like seeing someone in uniform delivering bad news. And trust me when I tell you this, most cop news is bad news. Cops don't show up on your driver's side or porch because you won a free pizza.

So anyway, I am talking to this fellow cop who doesn't like me. The idea of any kind of self improvement is simply not a possibility in this guy's mind. He already knows everything. He has come prepackaged with all of the universal knowledge one needs for a successful life. He actually told me something quite similar. Paraphrased I think it was, "I don't need to hear any of your shit."

I was in awe. Not because I was this guy's boss at the time but because I had only seen that level of utter unconsciousness once before. In me. Therefore I was supremely compassionate and sympathetic as I pondered how much fun he was going to be with his friends and family. Like some sort of human skud missile. I know this because I had the gift of experience.

I cannot begin to tell you how much my life has improved emotionally and spiritually since leaving law enforcement. It's not that I have any knocks on law enforcement, I don't. I believe in the mission and that most cops are honorable or at least we start out that way. It just isn't an occupation that lends itself to self improvement along emotional and spiritual lines. It kind of forces you to draw a hard line because you are constantly exposed to the nastiest sides of human behavior. We pay cops to be judgmental and intolerant. That's really their job. What other occupation encourages that type of behavior? Not many. I get all of that now.

It took me the better part of 50 years to find happiness. I believe there is something out there that is greater than me and I don't need a full length mirror to prove it. Today, I am no longer interested in keeping the least improved human being award. I am more than happy to see someone else with that traveling trophy- if only for a little while.








Comments

My journey was also a long one. I don't discuss my beliefs with anyone because I am sure they would not understand. I am comfortable with my belief and that is all that matters. I wouldn't say I found happiness as much as I found peace.

Popular posts from this blog

The "Keeping Time" Has Arrived- The Sunday Collage

The Killing of Craig Robertson- The Sunday Collage

The United States- The World's Biggest Banana Republic